kakklank;496757 Wrote:
> That's exactly what Tapestry is aimed at - playlisting from your library
> given a song/ artist, genre and/or descriptor metadata.  No doubt for
> those that want to be Internet connected it can also generate "other
> artists you might like" type stuff from outside your collection.
>
> MiP's great too - I rely on it at present for playlisting.  Given a
> choice though I'd likely opt for Tapestry because it enables a richer
> experience. In an ideal world I'd have both means of generating a
> playlist.
>
> For Tapestry, if properly implemented I'd happily part with $50-$100 as
> a one-off and I'd be prepared to pay a nominal or volume based annual
> subscription fee to deal with metadata addition for any new albums I
> add.
>
> For MiP I'd pay a once off fee, say $50 for perpetual analysis and
> useage.  Of course, if their mixing algorithm were improved/ enhanced,
> new features added, I'd be happy to pay for them also.
>
> Only because your product positioning is currently aimed at the
> commoditised mass market.  It shouldn't be -- the quality of your audio
> offering is superior to everything the else in the mass market, but your
> presentation is wrong.  Fix the presentation - what this thread is
> about, and you can comfortably reposition at the hi-fi end of the
> market.

Why would anyone pay for this? The only real difference between it and
keeping the free MusicIP server running is it would ADVERTISE music to
you and give you an easy way to buy it.

Well that's what Apple's Genius does anyway. They don't really care
about audiophiles yet since their still making money off the 256Kbps.
Soon enough Apple will use that to raise the price of a song and offer
you another "upgrade" to lossless for more money. They did it once and
they'll do it again. Until then I guess we can use the results to just
order the CD instead.

--
sxr71