I've mentioned a lot of this before but I'll repeat it for posterity
seeing as there now appears to be some impetus from users wanting more
from their interaction:

- A documented API for plugin developers

- Ability to add additional fields to underlying database during scan
time and to expose these fields in the interface much like one can
browse Genre, Year etc. at present

- Ability to generate Dynamic playlists using whatever fields and
associated values a user chooses

- Support for track ratings

- Integration of MusicIP technologies into SBR - there's an SDK
available for both thin and fat clients MyDJ Embedded and MyDJ Desktop

- If MusicIP's considered too risky, then integrate Allmusic's
Tapestry, or better yet, do both.  Again, it's geared specifically to
playlisting across one's collection.

- Checkout http://tapestry.allmusic.com/ - go create a playlist for
yourself and see just how damned good it is.

- Integrate Allmusic's LASSO Media Recognition as as an opt-in
subsription service.  Bascially what you'd get is automated media
recognition and tagging of audio, inluding existing FLACs, MP3s etc.
Some facts
http://www.rovicorp.com/products/online_stores_portals/insight_osp/lasso.htm?link_id=rightnav

- Official integration of the Biography and AlbumReview
plugins/capability into SBS via licensed Rovi API to enable reliable
view of Artist Biographies and Album Reviews whilst listening, as well
as the ability to navigate hyperlinks to related artists/ albums that
are in your collection and optionally the allmusic website.  Being able
to interact with your music library in this way would be fantastic and
listening sessions could easily become an enlightening adventure.

- When playing something in your collection, a "you might also want to
play" window/tab showing similar artists/albums in your collection

- Party mode - yes, people do want to use their SBx's when hosting
parties, and no, we don't want our playlists wiped at the touch of a
button.  Why is this so hard to understand?

--
kakklank