gharris999;500428 Wrote:
> Do you know how to turn on the MySQL slow query log?  In my experience,
> slow db queries are best debugged with this feature rather than SBS's
> sql logging.  Among other things, the slow query log will tell you if a
> query is generating a Cartesian result set
> (http://www.rampant-books.com/t_hpsdba_77_cartesian_join_operations.htm).
> There have been Cartesian query bugs in SBS/SC in the past and the slow
> query log has uncovered them.
>
> If you're using the "stock" mysql bundled with SBS, you'll need to make
> changes to my.tt.  I think I'm going to try to enable this with a new
> SBS 7.5 embedded installation later today.  I'll post the changes to
> my.tt necessary to do this.Hi. I'm willing to do this, but you'll need to
> "hold my hand" in the
process.

As it currently is, it is pretty much unusable for the family. Can't
ask them to wait close to a minute just to see what's the latest albums
on the server... not in 2009. They're to used to the speed and
convenience now. I might downgrade but... I feel I'd be doing a
disservice to the community by doing that.

--
gorman