Hello,

I've been experiencing similar issues with either AAC and ALAC (but
mostly with ALAC files since it's a large part of my library)... at
least I noticed this since I'm using the 7.5 betas (last build form the
04/01).
What I don't really get is why are my ALACs streamed to my SB3 as
Quicktime videos?
I can deactivate any ALAC transcoding options, the only one that have
an effect on the ALAC streaming format (aif or Flac) is the one related
to quicktime video (it does make sense, but does not explain why the
lossless settings are basicly ignored). is this normal?

What I noticed is that when I get the "problem..." error message it's
sometimes files that were encoded with XLD (I'm on a Mac 10.6.3
system)... but also with itunes 9.0.3 ! To try to troubleshoot the
issue, I converted again these files to ALAC with itunes 9.1 (did my
tests today) and after a library rescan the newly encoded files work
fine!

I did not try to go back to 7.4.x, but as far as I remember I did not
had similar issues with 7.4.2 (except for some XLD encoded ALACs with a
buggy build of XLD)...

--
sbb