MrSinatra;534668 Wrote:
> if the SQLite becomes the new default, and is faster, better, etc...  i
> wonder how long they will support the "old MYSQL way" as well?

No problem, if SQLite is faster and better in all situations the
support for MySQL can be dropped. However, I'm not completely sure this
is the case in large libraries yet, it might be but I think I've seen
some people with large libraries saying that MySQL is faster.

I suspect MySQL support is going to be dropped, it's just a matter of
time. The first step is probably to include it but completely rely on
the community do all the testing (besides automatic unit tests) and the
second step is probably to drop it when it no longer works good enough.
However, I don't think anyone knows yet if/when that will happen.

MrSinatra;534668 Wrote:

> if one does choose to go from the default to mysql post install, does
> that initiate a MYSQL download?  how do they implement it?  (i wouldn't
> have mysql on my system except for SBS)

I'm not sure if it works different on Windows but when running the svn
version on Linux MySQL is bundled with SBS, so its included in the
download package. When installing with the Debian installer on Linux
it's specified as a dependency and will be downloaded together with
SBS, this is the case already today in earlier 7.x releases when SQLite
isn't supported.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))