Re 7.6

Are you using it in SQlite or MySQL mode.

On my system the MySQL scanner does not work with 7.6 at all.
(actually I don't think MySQL works in 7.6 . MySQL works perfectly with
my server with other versions of sbs )

Otherwise I have little insight in your problems my cover art works.
I have a mixture of folder.jpg and folder.jpg +embedded art.

A collection of 95% flac 5% mp3 circa 1836 albums.

--
Mnyb

Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J and assorted amps SiriuS,
Classe'Primare and Dynadio speakers (including a pair of Contour 4 )
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Miscellaneous use: Radio (with battery)
I use a Controller various ir-remotes and a Eee-PC with squeezeplay to
control this