Mnyb;557625 Wrote:
> No I can not get MySQl to work at all
>
> it kicks of the scanning process, shows this:
>

> Discovering files   (26198 of 26198)   Complete  00:01:42
>
> Then nothing in the just nothing, and a MySQl process running 98% cpu
> for almost 5 hours straight without a sign to ever be ready ?
>
> If i restart it say still scanning in the artist view, nothing is
> scanning afaik ?

>From prior experience that 98% CPU for 5 hours thing only lasts a few
minutes on a smaller library.

I surmise that there is an SQL query run at the end of the discovery
that has a complexity of N^2, where N is the number of rows. Perhaps
the exponent is even higher.  But if you were to try again with a small
sub set of your library I think you'd find it works.

--
dsdreamer