>But make sure you disable auto-scanning, which doesn't work at all on
>Windows.

First thing I did.  Not convinced it really does ignore auto-scanning though.

>You might want to check your server.prefs file and make sure that it's
>set up correctly for SQLite.

Yep, did that.  I moved my MySQL prefs to a backup file.

>With the server stopped, delete the SQLite .db files in
>your cache, since scanning progress is kept in the database itself.  If
>it's wrong it will cause problems.  When you start back up I believe SbS
>should launch the external scanner to build the database from scratch.

Yep - I've never liked the fact that it does an auto-scan at startup if the
library is empty, *before* getting a chance to configure settings (eg. change
music library path, library settings, etc).

>And a reminder: If you run your own instance of MySQL then you can't
>switch to MySQL using the web interface.  You must edit the
>server.prefs file to point at your MySQL server - changing it via the
>web interface will point the server at the SbS instance of MySQL on
>port 9092.

Last time I tried, neither internal or external MySQL instance worked :-(  Will
try again though.

Phil