I took my Radio with me for a short trip (to demo it) and  had to
connect it to mysb.com for a change. Using mysb.com (89.202.121.131)
the umlauts display just fine. :) Unfortunately when I got back and
connected the Radio to my SBS the issues were there as usual. I then
tested both Radio and SB3  with mysb.com and my local server. When
connected to mysb.com it consistently works and when connected to my
SBS it doesn't. So it looks to be a SBS problem after all.

SBS version:
Version: 7.6.0 - r31319 @ Sat Sep 11 02:00:53 PDT 2010
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.6.4 - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86
Perl Version: 5.10.0 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
Database Version: MySQL 5.0.22-standard-log
Total Players Recognized: 2

Player Model: Squeezebox Radio
Firmware: 7.6.0-r9037

Player Model: Squeezebox Classic
Firmware: 134

|Filename: SBS does not.jpg                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10605|

copperstate