gharris999;594728 Wrote:
> Andy: with all the ICU stuff you've checked in to 7.6's SQLite, what
> would you like us to look for as we test this?
>
> For instance:
>
> While my server running 7.6 svn code is F12 with locale
> LANG=en_US.UTF-8, all my audio files are on a NTFS formatted disk
> mounted via ntfs-3g.  Many of the path and file names on the NTFS disk
> do have diacritic characters.  While is may be an off-beat setup for
> SBS, I imagine that tinySB will encounter this kind of setup from time
> to time.
>
> Are there any specific problem areas that you would expect in a setup
> such as this that might be addressed by your recent fixes?  I.e., is
> there a specific symptom that you'd like us to check?

As Andy said, the ICU stuff is not related to filesystem pathnames.

However, it would be interesting to know the status of the following
with you setup:

-  Scanning - does it find everything?
-  Native playback - can you play files with non-ASCII characters?
-  Transcoding - can you transcode and play files with non-ASCII
  characters?
-  Are such tracks correctly restored in the current playlist after a
  restart?
-  Browse Music Folder - can you browse the folder hierarchy and
  locate files with non-ASCII characters?
-  BMF - do their filenames appear correct?
-  BMF - can you play such files?
-  BMF - can you play such files with transcoding?
-  BMF - is the sort order for such filenames correct?

Thanks, Alan.

--
awy