tamanaco;595231 Wrote:
> Andy, I just installed today's 7.6 build using SQLite on a fresh copy of
> Windows XP SP3 running on an old laptop (256MB RAM - 750MHZ CPU) - I
> also installed and configured MusicIP. No 3rd party plugins were
> installed - only the plugins that came bundled with the installation
> are active. I have a small music library made up of just two albums
> with some foreign characters in their tags, paths and file names in a
> thumb drive. The server appears to have started without any visible
> issue and it scanned the two albums. As I browse the library, via the
> Web UI, the two albums names, Album Artists names and Tracks names are
> displayed correctly.
>
> But, before I move on with configuring this server for testing with
> Moose and configuring my Squeezebox to connect to it, I would like to
> fix whatever is causing an endless string of errors that are being
> posted in the server log. Do you know what is causing the errors in the
> partial log attached? Btw, pardon my ignorance as this only the second
> time using an  SQLite SBS. I do not see a SQLite process running along
> with the SqueezeSrv.exe. Is the SQLite DB just a file created after the
> scan process? Does it reside on the hard drive or does it reside
> somewhere in RAM?
>
> Thanks...
Unlike MySQL, SQLite isn't a separate process that acts as a 'server'
to the SBS 'client'...SQLite isn't a db back-end, per se.  Rather, SBS
uses a SQLite library that is part of its own process to build and
maintain the db file.  You ought to see the SQLite db files in SBS's
cache directory.  And you can use other SQLite managers, (e.g.
http://code.google.com/p/sqlite-manager/ ) to browse the data file.
Note that, because of exclusive file locking issues, you might have to
stop SBS go get access to the data file.

--
gharris999