>For people that have a lot
>of compilation albums the list of albums under "Various Artists" is
>going to get pretty long and in this case it would probably be a good
>idea to select an individual artist to find the correct compilation
>album. These users probably deactivate the "Group compilation albums"
>option to be able to see and select individual artists directly in the
>top level artists menu.
I wonder what people expect to see when drilling through an artist that only
appears on compilation albums (or as a guest on normal albums)?

A list of the albums that the track artist appears on, or go straight to a list
of songs sorted alphabetically?

i.e. I think generally people either play albums (i.e. find a compilation album
and play it), or play songs (find an artist and play a song).

I must admit that although I have added an "All Artists" list via Custom
Browse, I hardly ever use it, because if I want to know if I have any tracks by
an obscure artist, I just search for the artist, rather than try to browse a
rather large list.