JJZolx;624266 Wrote:
> SbS has always operated like that, though, so that's not new. If you
> know it's going to happen and want to avoid it, point your music
> library at an empty folder during the setup.

Are you sure automatic scan at startup has always occured ?
I am quite sure that this problem started for me with 7.6
I don't remember having a problem with 7.5.x when I started SBS with
HDD disconnected.

Anyway your suggested workaround is not an option for me.
You have to start SBS before you can change the music folder ....

It would be simple for non geek users to have option to manually
control rescans.

I haven't used MediaMonkey for quite some time, but I am pretty sure I
never had a problem with library scan in this product, and could
control scanning.

--
nicolas75