erland;638884 Wrote:
> As far as I can see from the code, it currently looks as follows:
> - SqueezeOS: Enabled by default
> - Windows: Disabled by default, no user interface where it's possible
> to enable
> - Linux/OSX/Others: Disabled by default, possible to enable through SBS
> Settings/Advanced/Performance

Thanks. That's what I thought.

> Some people which have been using earlier beta versions where it was
> enabled by default might of course still have auto scanning enabled.
> This is mostly problematic for Windows beta testers as they don't have
> any way to disable it without manually editing server.prefs file.

Yes. I can confirm this. The two prefs

autorescan: 0
autorescan_stat_interval: 10

always exist the server.prefs file. Even on Windows, they're created if
they don't already exist. If you manually enable auto-rescan, or if it
had been enabled previously,

autorescan: 1

then SBS does not disable it on startup. I'm not sure if actually runs,
though, or if there are other safeguards to keep if from running on
Windows.

--
JJZolx