Phil Leigh;641399 Wrote:
> To be honest, if I had 240k files I would DEFINITELY be investing in a
> proper PC to run SBS.

Sry, I forgot to mention - of course I'm owning (and "running" ;)) a
proper PC (bought a new one just one month ago) with 8 GB RAM and Win 7
that does a full rescan in about 3 hours ... using 7.6. Using 7.4 it's
slowing down and I cancelled scan after 24 hours with seemingly no
progress.

But there we go again:
7.4 isn't running on my pc-machine - 7.6 works "quickly" but ... has
some bugs that makes it unsusable (I reported them all, starting with
the "cover art" bug, the "only one artist name even on duets" up to the
"composer-artist-mixture bug that names the composer as artist" and the
"no more difference between title artist and album artist".

Not to mention the famous "tray icon disappears when you want to click
it"-bug - this one exists since I use SBS (about 3 years) and is
reported again and again ... so You nearly get used to this, but it's
no solution for a "stable" software!?

But Logitech promised to "Free Your Music", so I planned after buying
the "Duet" for my PC to buy some additional hardware for my girlfriend
and bought the Touch first (or even second), and the NAS (not logitech,
but recommended Qnap)/RADIO-combination as third.

So I bought for about 3 years: SB Duet, SB Touch, SB Radio - and
Logitech istn't willing to get ONE of them running properly!? I guess
they earned some money with me - but obviously they took my money,
didn't focus on fixing the existing errors and now plan to develop new
hardware that makes other people spend more money (presumably with the
same bugs...) - this is what makes me this angry... I think the next
step is to get a mail from Logitech "sry for all the existing bugs in
Your 3 hardware-items - but we can offer You to spend more money to buy
a FOURTH one and we promise to take care of the bugs existing in the new
item - sry to tell You that we will never get to work Your 3 items
bought before but we're thankful for Your money"...

--
frank1969