This was the initial scan that started automatically after installing
7.6. After 9 hours of scanning I stopped it before bed. It had been
stuck on that one playlist for several hours.

I deleted a bunch of playlists, including some large ones that might
have had missing files in them. Then I restarted the scanning, thinking
it would finish overnight, but it only got 4 songs. My server does other
things at night so that might be what interrupted it that time.

So just a few minutes ago I restarted SbS and kicked off another "look
for new and changed" scan. Hopefully cleaning up the playlists folder
does the trick. I still have some large ones, but they should not have
any missing files.

There are no shortcuts or symlinks, and the files are all local to the
server running SbS. Server is 1.8Ghz single-core, with 2 GB RAM. Scans
on 7.5 used to take less than 2 hours for full scan, and 20 minutes or
so for new and changed.

Third time's the charm... I hope!

--
MeSue

SUE

1 Duet | 2 Booms | 1 Radio | 1 Touch (beta) | 1 SB2
HP MediaSmart EX470 | Squeezebox Server 7.5 | iPod Touch w/ iPeng
Find me on 'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue) | 'Twitter'
(http://twitter.com/suechastain)