>Keep in mind that in 7.6 (with SQLite) the server and library are
>completely usable during a full clear & rescan, unlike in past.
What do you mean by that?

I never had a problem with pre-7.6 (MySQL) - what problems were there in the
past?

Do you mean that browsing was slow when scanning, or playing would stutter due
to rebuffering.

Or perhaps because the scanner was modifying the same DB content as the
browsing/playback, that this caused problems?

In 7.6, I think the scanner (internal+external?) scan to a new db, and then
overwrites the db when when the scan is complete.  Similar issues could occur
if browsing just as the scanner overwrites the DB?