Phil Leigh;653736 Wrote:
> Is there some reason why you persist with cue sheets? Life is so much
> easier with individual flac files if you use  Squeezeboxes. Cue sheets
> are really not needed these days. I'm not tryin to be inflammatory,
> just stating a fact.
> Cue sheets were useful to achieve gapless playback many years ago...
> But not now.

A fair question, I guess the answer is laziness/convenience.  When I
ripped much of my CD collection when I got my first Squeezebox in 2006
I preferred one image file and a cue sheet.  I believe I did this with
foobar 2000.  I now have several thousand files that I do not have time
to go back to and split one individual tracks.  I am slowly converting
some, but, I would not think it would be a huge undertaking to fix
this.  Hell, almost every player(forbar, etc.) can easily handle cue
sheets.

And yes anything I archive today are individual files.  Lesson learned!

--
Lectric Larry