andyg;654402 Wrote:
> Yeah, I can see this opening up a whole can of worms, Exif seems way
> worse than audio tagging when it comes to standards.

Does the Media::Scan module have a scanner plugin API in same way as
the old audio scanner have ? So a plugin can get a call when a image is
scanned either through a full or incremental or automatic rescan.

In that case, maybe it would be possible to make a third party scanner
plugin that did all this and put the desired information in
images.title in the database ? Or is this kind of mapping something
Logitech plans to support out of the box ?

In similar fashion it would be kind of nice if there was some kind of
categorization table in the database, like "genres/genre_track" which
we have for audio, that was exposed over UPnP if they contained
anything. That way, it would be possible to make a third party plugin
that read IPTC or XMP keywords and put them in this table if Logitech
doesn't want to spend time implementing more advanced features like
this. That would probably increase the interest for third parties to
add functionality. If they are forced to implement their own UPnP
server we can probably forget about third party plugins related to
images and videos.

Of course, all this depends on if Logitech plans to continue supporting
third party plugins also for images or videos or if plugins will be
something that's only useful for audio files.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))