> a) a lot of pictures have the name 'MEDION DIGITAL CAMERA' in my

I disabled it for now. Let's see whether we'll bring it back as an option at
some point.

> b) don't you think 'all pictures' is rather dangerous ?

Dito. Removed it from web/SP modes. We were asked to add it for the UPnP
side... let those devices deal with it :-).

> c) surfing by year: what I meant: a single picture menu item is
> rendered with filename and the timestamp.

Do you only want to optimize the single (few) item(s) case? Because I sometimes
have thousands of images in one single month. I wouldn't want to have them all
in the same list.

> So if you omit the 'day' menu level but just render all pictures menu
> items directly after selecting the month - then still everyone can
> scroll down fast to a desired day.

Like this?

2012
   December