andyg;665937 Wrote:
> Well, there is absolutely no Squeezebox integration with Revue and none
> was ever really planned once we found out Android can't really support
> decent audio playback. The plan to turn SBS into LMS came about for a
> couple of reasons: I figured we could get the time to provide a decent
> DLNA server (a long-requested feature), and part of the reason was also
> the hope that it could help keep the server alive & supported if
> necessary by working with another higher-profile Logitech product.
> Ironically, now the Squeezebox seems more popular within Logitech than
> the Revue, but it sure didn't look this way a year ago.
>
> Anyway, yes, video and image support kinda sucks but we tried hard not
> to break the Squeezebox or music experience. I have a lot of ideas to
> make it better but like everything there just isn't enough time or
> resources.
>
> Yes there are bugs but I would disagree that it's being "rushed" out
> the door. We've gone through 6 release candidates and had an extra
> month due to Revue update delays, this is a lot better than our typical
> releases.

A very candid response - thanks.

Regarding your comment on "Android can't really support decent audio
playback", can you elaborate?  The built it stuff is limited, true.  I
have personal experience with two music players using my Xoom running
Andriod Honycomb 3.2 that seem to work quite well.  There's a music
player called "Power Amp" which works quite well and does gapless
playback of both LAME mp3 and FLAC.  Then there's SqueezePlayer which
acts like a squeezebox player on your Android device.  Again, this does
gapless playback for FLAC (and possibly LAME mp3 - though I haven't
tried that).

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch, SqueezeCommander on Xoom.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.5, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 37,509 songs, 2,934 albums, 515 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior