Something is going on there that you haven't figured out yet.
Anti-virus, poorly behaved plugin, disk contention, something.

Plugins are in a separate step (as can be seen from the attached log). AV might be an issue. But it's an issue all/most Windows users will face - and which we might want to address if possible.

I did run some tests today, and am rather puzzled by its outcome. The characteristics of where time is spent during a scan on Windows vs. OSX is totally different. It's not simply a question of "Windows is slower than X". There are aspects which are much faster, and others which are much slower.

See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?101413

--

Michael