mherger wrote:
> > SQUEEZ~3.EXE        0       630,704 643,820 23,052  620,768
>
> That's a lot of memory :-). But still less than running a 2GB ramdisk.
>
> > So compared to memory used when Tweak Buffer is 20, 500 will allow
> the
> > process to expand its memory use, but with 8GB there is still 5GB
> > available.
>
> Yes, the 20MB were not enough in my testing with 100k tracks. 500MB
> probably is much more than really would be required to make a
> difference. But then it wouldn't use it all unless needed.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Memory use appears to expand and then remain static. I thought it might
shrink after some time but after very limited testing and observation it
appears to remain allocated. However, modern operating systems are very
good at paging out memory that is not accessed after a period of time,
depending on memory availability. But with 8GB ram, the system is not
going to run short. With Tweak Buffer set to 500 it has only grown by
300, and after re-booting and running a whole bunch of look-ups, New
Music browses etc it is currently sitting at
SQUEEZ~3.EXE    0       508,512 526,964 22,324  504,640
with the look-ups etc being very quick.

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.