>1. My Music/Album Artists/Various Artists contains too much, it lists
>all compilations but it should really only list the albums ALBUMARTIST
>tag has explicitly been set to "Various Artists".

Should it?  I'm not sure, as it sounds like it is working the same as how the
current application Artists > Various Artists behaves.

"Various Artists" is a special entry that really means "any compilation album"
rather than "any album with an album artist of Various Artists".  If the music
library setting was changed to use "Compilations" instead of "Various Artists",
then a user would argue that the list had the correct content.

This concept of having a "Browse Compilation albums" within Browse Artists is
what causes the trouble.  You could instead expect to see all album artist
names in the list irrespective of whether they are related to compilations or
not, rather than gathered together under a  pseudo name.