Philip Meyer wrote:

> I disagree, in that the Album Artist can be set to anything the user
> wants for a compilation too; not all compilations may be by "Various
> Artists".
>
> Some users tag compilations with "Soundtrack" as the album artist.
> Some users tag normal "Greatest Hits" albums with an artist name.  eg.
> "Queen Greatest Hits by Queen"
>
> I think it's quite good to keep the list of albums looking the same as
> any other page that contains a list of albums.

OK, I accept that.
It's not how I use compilations - I  define a compilation as an album
with different Artists and set Compilation=1 and Album Artist to
Artist.

However, I have found a few compilations (from my early days when I
first started with a white Slim Devices SB3) that do not have
Compilation=1 and Album Artist is blank but do have different Artists -
these albums list with album name and no artist. So, ignore my
suggestion, as when the Album Artist tag is blank, only the album name
will appear.

In fact I question why I set the compilation flag and the album artist
field....

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.