Searching my library is still a bit problematic -- but these problems
were being fixed in earlier builds of 7.9. I installed 1403162826 to see
where things stand.

I have in -Settings > My Music-:
- "Use single, configurable list of artists" selected
- All three options in "Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists" are
unchecked
Library contains 2505 albums with 45097 songs by 637 artists

Even though Composer is -not- selected in "Composer, Band and Orchestra
in Artists", searching my library still returns composers as Artists.
Click on these composer "artist" links returns "Empty".

If I select the Composer box in "Composer, Band and Orchestra in
Artists":
Library contains 2505 albums with 45097 songs by *6615* artists (I have
Composer tags for all my music)
Clicking a composer link from searching provides the expected values
(i.e., songs they composed)

So...search is only partially respecting the "Composer, Band and
Orchestra in Artists" choices. When Composer is not selected, it still
provides links to Composers in the results, but returns no songs if one
is clicked upon. If Composer is not selected in "Composer, Band and
Orchestra in Artists" then I don't think the composer matches should
appear at all.

This has been a long-standing problem for me with LMS. However, in a few
earlier builds of 7.9 (1402991900 and the one prior IIRC), only "real"
Artists appeared in the search results -- no Composers. Those builds,
however, didn't return track-only artists (i.e., from Various Artists
albums) in the search -- only values from my 637 (album) artists, but I
prefer that problem compared to the proliferation of composers in my
search results.