It was this discussion:

'List albums by band?'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?100193)

Thanks. I didn't read this (not even now, before answering here).

I expected to see you jump into the conversation, but I realize that
once a discussion with Phil starts going in circles, you tend to stay
out. :)

I wouldn't call names or you might get hurt :-P.

Q: What does the pref 'List albums by band?' do?