OK is this the expected behaviour of the LMS scanner ?

I would really love to see your db to understand what's going on here... Did I ask before?

That :

FILE:///MEDIA/MUSIC1/....

And other paths like:

/MEDIA/MUSIC1/....

Leading to the same files should make LMS thinks these are files from
different albums ?

They should result in the same values in the DB.

As i said my problems are gone when i edited the playlist files ,but it
still does not explain whats changed in LMS to suddenly expose this ?

What I did change is the way how tracks etc. are counted. In the past we used several different ways to access the raw data. As the introduction of library_id etc. caused changes in all these places, I tried to consolidate how things are done, sharing more code across the application. The resulting query might indeed be different (but should return the same results, of course).

--

Michael