mherger wrote:

> >> I still have the "Various Artists" item filed under "V". Don't you
> get
> >> that one?
> >
> > Under browse Albums, yes. But nowhere among Album Artists or All
> Artists
> > when Browse Artists is set to two lists. It does appear at the top of
> > Artists when the single, configurable list is set.
>
> I have it in "All Artists". Do you have any track with this literal
> artist name?

Revisiting this problem...

I want to see 'Various Artists' under both 'Album Artists' and under
'All Artists'. Ideally at the top of each list, as before.

So I tagged one compilation album with:

ALBUMARTIST=Various Artists
ALBUMARTISTSORT=0000000
COMPILATION=1

(I normally leave ALBUMARTIST off of compilations, so it previously
appeared nowhere in my tagging of any files.)

Now, under 'All Artists':

- I see Various Artists
- It is sorted first in the list
- All VA compilation albums appear under this artist

This is all perfect. :)

But under 'Album Arstists', 'Various Artists' appears nowhere. :(
Considering that it was included in an ALBUMARTIST tag, I find that
surprising. Is it being explicitly excluded from this list for some
reason?