verypsb wrote:
> Well, I always have the same problem, that's why I avoid to use a 'Look
> for new and changed media files'. It doesn't do the job. If I change
> album titles, but don't change the filenames, I get multiple entries of
> the same album with different album titles. I believe it only deletes
> the original entry wen I rename the folder or move the files to another
> folder. However there is a difference in my setup, I DON'T change
> timestamps. that's catastrophic for the 'New Music' list.
> For this reason alone I have a daily scheduled 'Clear library & rescan
> everything'. This cleans up the multiple entries of the same album.
>
> Windows 8.1/Logitech Media Server. Has been an issue since I use
> Squeezebox Server, version 7.0 and up, on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 8.1.

Prior to 7.9 if I was just changing just the tags on an album but not
file names, I would remove the re-tagged album sub-directory from the
music library hierarchy, rescan for changed and new to remove it from
the database, move it back into the music library and rescan for changed
and new again. That almost always produced the desired results and takes
a small fraction of the time of a full rescan and I can continue to
listen to other music while it's happening. But recently I've found that
I can re-tag, bump the timestamp +5 seconds (so it gets identified as
changed by the scanner but keeps the album in the correct place in New
Music) and rescan for changed and new without any problems. I've done
lots of clean-up of artist names, genres and years and it's worked well.
But this may be the first time since using 7.9 I only changed the album
name and specifically, one letter in the name from lower to upper case.

Win7Pro(x64)[3.3Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD system, 15TB storage], LMS
7.9.0 -> Logitech Squeezebox Classic V.3 -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic ->
NAD C160 -> 2 x NAD C272 -> Quad 22L2