mherger wrote:
> > have you ever considered the opportunity to look for a specific TAG
> (and
> > metadata in .cue by the way) named i.e. Library or subLibrary
> > or...someOtherFancyNameHere as a symple and completely automated base
> > for generate virtualLibraries at scan time?
>
> Hmm... interesting idea! No, I haven't thought of this before. This
> could be implemented as a rather simple plugin, I think. Eg. using
> adding something like "library:NoKids" to a track's comment. The plugin
>
> then would parse all comments for "library:*", creating library
> definitions for all of them.
>
> Volunteers?...
>
> --
>
> Michael

I'd prefer not using comment, people could already use it for other
meaning, but the logic is similar.

I would like and I probably could do something about it, but I first
need some help about how to (re)setup the development environment and
learn rules about writing plugins for LMS.

I'm a professional business analyst, project manager and system
architect, I was used to write programs in several languages (from Cobol
to Java), long experience in designing relational (SQL) databases, my
experience with Perl is limited but I think I could help myself.

As previous related experience, some years ago I was working on the
scanner and I've made a modified version of it, yesterday I was able to
modify the LibraryDemo plugin to define my libraries and menues for
browses, I probably could modify cue.pm, flac.pm and others in order to
grab new metadata, but I have no Idea on how to do the same (and other)
in a plugin starting  from scrath, I have to lern basis of plugin
architecture in LMS.

Maybe You could point me to some usefull documentation/example to
follows.

I remember I was using Komodo IDE on a local copy of sources, from what
I understand, now I have do deal with GIT and others, I don't think my
version of Komodo even could, maybe Netbeans could (I normally use it
for Java programming), the better will be if you or someone else could
advise and tutor me on the very first steps, considering me like a new
member joining the team.

Looking forward for your indications.

Marco.