pippin wrote:
> You mean libraries? Why not? I do and I'd definitely not be willing to
> re-tag my 25K files for it.
>
> It's a big difference between spending a few minutes to set up a
> configuration to separate out audiobooks, Christmas music, kids
> stuff,... Or whether I want to spend days to re-tag thousands of files
> (not only for this, generally)
Just out of interest, I would have thought re-tagging based on an
algorithm (using puddletag or mp3tag) should be just as easy to set up
as configuring libraries if you have worked out the rules.  However, it
obviously takes a while to execute.  If the algorithm isn't too hard,
one also might be able to program it into Custom Scan algorithms.

How do you know it's Christmas music, Kid's Stuff etc?  I assume either
by Genre, or by an Artist, or both?

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp (Beta - derived from squeezelite) to
Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC and Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Squeezelite
to PC sound.  Minimserver (server) and upplay (control point) to same
amps & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Meridian USB Explorer DAC from PCs
to speakers/headphones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls
LMS/upplay via Firefox.   Have a Touch with EDO, and a spare, but don't
use.