mherger wrote:
> On a related note: part of this change is, as noted, enforcing LMS as
> the image proxy to resize images. This latter might put some
> considerable challenge on some low powered servers. (that's why we
> created the mysb.com imageproxy in the first place)
>
> 7.9 can deal with your custom image proxy implementation though. I've
> got an ImageProxy plugin in my test repository which gives you two
> sample configurations. One of them using a google image resizing service
>
> (http://carlo.zottmann.org/2013/04/14/google-image-resizer/), the other
>
> one using a PHP solution (which unfortunately has been dropped by its
> developer since I played with it...).
>
> I do have a perl implementation, too, which obviously would be using the
>
> same code as LMS itself, but could be run on your hosted web server or
> whatever is faster than your LMS computer.
>
> If you want to play with this kind of external image proxy, add my test
>
> repository to your plugin settings:
>
> http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/test.xml
>
> --
>
> Michael

I've installed the Image Proxy Plugin and setup the TimThumb PHP resizer
on a local apache webserver and selected it from
Settings->Advanced->Performance->Artwork resizing.  See screenshots.

I ran a clear and rescan.

Should the scanner be using the resizer during the pre-caching artwork
step?

There are no errors in the lms scanner or server logs and no activity in
the apache access_log or error_log since I installed and initially
testing TimThumb.

Did I miss a step or setting?

|Filename: proxy.jpeg                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17482|

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *1*-Reverted UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4q8dvq20iyz9e/Builds) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.