dasmueller wrote:
> To me it is a matter of semantics. One could blame it on the tagging or
> on the software. The reason I say this is that I recently loaded a
> folder w a 2 disc album w disc number tags onto a portable music player.
> The player grouped both track #1's together then both track #2s etc. It
> further sorted then alphabetically rather than by disc number.
> Understanding what was happening was the key. That software sorted
> differently than LMS does so for the purpose of playing correctly I
> could put the 2 discs in different folders or renumber them
> consecutively.

My paranoid workaround for this is to always make sure my file names
naturally sort in correct playback order.  I know LMS doesn't care, but
I figure if I've tagged them in a way that LMS likes and have them sort
properly for everything else, I'm reasonably covered.

That doesn't mean I'm -happy- about having to play games like that, of
course.