pippin wrote:
> This is how a good product should work. It should not try to tell the
> user what he might have done wrong ("don't use iTunes", "re-tag",...),
> it should just solve the fricking problem, especially when it comes at
> no cost for other users (again: I don't think there are a lot of people
> using this actively, if any at all).

Again...

The only sane solution would be to write a value of 1 into the
albums.disc column when there is no discnumber tag -- NOT to do multiple
queries of the database just to work around all the corner-cases like
this. And that again leaves the display/formatting problem for the rest
of us who DO NOT want to see tracks in single CD albums listed like

1-1. Taxman
1-2. Eleanor Rigby
1-3. I'm Only Sleeping
1-4. Love You To
1-5. Here, There and Everywhere
1-6. Yellow Submarine
etc.

To suppress the disc number in the formatting when albums.disc =
albums.discc (disc count), it also requires figuring out the total
number of discs in the album. As I said before, I have no problem with
doing this, but I don't expect it to happen.

LMS has quite a few oddball issues with how it stores data in its
database. Many of which affect how it has to work to retrieve that data.
For instance: An album is either a compilation or it is not. There is no
'maybe'. Yet in the album.compilation field you'll find 1, 0 and NULL
values, which results in such idiotic SQL as

WHERE albums.compilation = 0 OR albums.compilation IS NULL

That should never have happened, but it's how LMS works, in that if a
COMPILATION value of 0 isn't explicitly found in the track tagging, LMS
doesn't store it, even though it's correct, and would make life easier
and the retrieving of data faster.