I'm having an issue where artwork loading (retrieving thumbnails) from
the server can sometimes stall. When that happens then for a minute or
so I don't get any artwork from the server anymore. It probably times
out then and that's when new artwork requests start to succeed again.

Can you tell me what kind of request this is? Local artwork? Remote? Full size?

I've added a check to dump a backtrace should this happen. Could you please update to today's build (available in a few hours), enable debugging for artwork, then try to reproduce it? If this is 7.9 only then there's probably a problem with my recent optimizations for fullsize covers?

--

Michael