Could i set up another library on my LMS and switch between the two
libraries?  That way, i gwt my classics, but they don't show up in the
"normal" library.

So i guess my question is does a remote library have to be remote or can
it reside on the "home" server?

I'm sure it _could_ live on the same. But IMHO this is the wrong way to approach this challenge. I'd suggest you use library views instead: do an Advanced Search from the web UI which would result in nothing but classical music. Then save this search as a library view. Your wife then could use this filtered view to access the music while you would be using a non-filtered view to access it all. You could even create a custom menu with classical albums only (if browsing by album was good enough for your). It's what I'm doing for my kids: "No kids music" is the default view I'm using myself. But I've added a kids music menu which would list all their albums I don't want to see. They easily find what they want (because they know the album art), and I don't end up with their music in my random or smart mixes.

Or you use kidstypike's approach.

But setting up two LMS instances on one computer can be a bit tricky.

--

Michael