I had previously written a client that would control headless players
and present a 'Now Playing' page.  The Now Playing page used the
'remote' value to determine whether to show items such as Genre, Year,
Time, Duration, Track Index (Track Number / Number of Tracks) (i.e.
remote:0 indicates have real media).

Now, I have upgraded to 7.9.1 nightly from 20161216 and when I request
player playlist status on items in my library (flac files), the return I
receive from both JSON and Comet is remote:1 and there is remote
metadata for the track.

As everything now shows as remote:1, I have to ask 1) Is this a bug 2)
If a bug, is there an ETA on a fix and 3) if not a bug, what is the
recommended work around for this?  Should I look at the media type and
if it is 'flc', ignore the remote:1?

Thanks in advance,
Lyndel