SlimChances wrote:
> I have solved the matter. It was Ghostery that was causing the problems.
> I disabled my extensions in Firefox and added them back one at a time
> and identified Ghostery as the culprid. Then I added
>
> http://127.0.0.1:9000/  as a trusted site in Ghostery and it works fine
> now.
Interesting.  Some time ago I decided to have different firefox profiles
for general web use, LMS and one other application.  I have almost no
add-ons on my LMS profile except those that give more screen space
(hiding toolbars etc), and because I never use it for the web, don't
worry about privacy extensions, cookies and so on.  My general web
profile has loads of tweaks for privacy and security, including
Ghostery, although whether they really help much is another matter.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 16.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 16.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.