mherger wrote:

> >     [17-03-25 09:46:48.6133]
> Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Common::__ANON__ (107) garbage after JSON
> object, at character offset 4 (before "read timeout\n") at
> /c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MusicArtistInfo/Common.pm
> line 100.
>
> That's the Music and Artist Information plugin trying to download artist
>
> artwork or missing cover art.

Makes sense. I have continued my setup of LMS791 including installing
this and other plugins.
Except for above, no other new "strange" things seen.

mherger wrote:

> > 10:32 Try to open Playlists in Spotify. Doesn’t open. LMS “stalls”
> (In
> > another browser tab the system log is also hanging trying to update
> > itself).
>
> How many playlists would you have (assuming you're talking about the
> list of your playlists)?

Yes, talking about my own playlists in Spotify. I have approx. 250
playlists in Spotify (In LMS781 it was never a problem).

mherger wrote:

> What skin are you using? Could you try http://yourserver:9000/Classic
> (unless you're using Classic as your skin anyway, in which case I'd ask
> you to test Default instead)?

I've been using Default theme. And if I ever have tried something else,
it is so long ago that I don't remember.
But a quick change to Classic theme on LMS791 makes big difference:
Opening Spotify Playlists list with LMS791/Classic is at least as fast
as it was opening with LMS781/Default. We're talking 4-5 seconds with
"Items per page" set to 200 items,  where it wouldn't even work at all
if I was using the Default theme on LMS791. Spotify itself also seems to
opens much faster using Classic theme on 791.

In Spotify the problem is NOT isolated to the Playlists list only. If I
define "Items per page" as 50, it will for example take approx. 40
seconds to open "What's New" and "Top Tracks" lists in Spotify.

But the problem has so far only been noticed in Spotify. With "Items per
page" set to 200 and using same Default theme on 791 as I have been
using on 781, I can open "My Music" lists like "Album Artists", "All
Artists", "Albums" and "New Music" in 4-8 seconds each. Never timed it
on 781, but it feels pretty much like I've been used to on 781.

mherger wrote:

> > Switch SBTouch devices to MySB.com (one device asks for login, the
> other
> > does not need it) and back on LMS. Restart NAS/LMS. Enablemherger wrote:
>

> What do you mean by "asks for login"?

It asked for username/password when trying to connect to MySB.com. And
yes, I've been suspecting my problems is somehow related to my player(s)
forgetting the MySB login? It worked nicely though on LMS781 with my two
Touch devices synched. And as writing this, it currently works nicely on
LMS791 too. But I will try to do some more experiments switching between
MySB and LMS with or without synchronizing of players enabled.
But it wont be now, I will post a follow-up on that later...

Thanks for listening so far :-)

*/Stig*
'http://www.*rockland*.dk' (http://www.rockland.dk) -
'http://www.*last.fm*/user/rockland' (http://www.last.fm/user/rockland)
- 'http://www.*discogs*.com/user/StigNygaard'
(http://www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard) -
'https://*plus.google*.com/+StigNygaard'
(https://plus.google.com/+StigNygaard)
*Server:* LMS 7.8.1 - 1483428886 @ Tue Jan 17 03:15:27 UTC 2017 on
ReadyNAS Ultra 2.  *Controllers & players:* 2x Squeezebox Touch,
[Currently not used: Squeezebox Classic,] 2x OrangeSqueeze
You might like to try my *'Art Grabr'
(https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/20771-stig-s-art-grabr)* for fetching
big *cover-art* from various sites - or *'Album Linkr'
(https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21153-stig-s-last-fm-album-linkr)*
for a better *last.fm* desktop experience...