[17-03-25 09:46:48.6133] Plugins::MusicArtistInfo::Common::__ANON__ (107) garbage
after JSON object, at character offset 4 (before "read timeout\n") at
/c/.squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/MusicArtistInfo/Common.pm line 100.

That's the Music and Artist Information plugin trying to download artist artwork or missing cover art. Might be a temporary issue.

10:32 Try to open Playlists in Spotify. Doesn’t open. LMS “stalls” (In
another browser tab the system log is also hanging trying to update
itself).

How many playlists would you have (assuming you're talking about the list of your playlists)?

What skin are you using? Could you try http://yourserver:9000/Classic (unless you're using Classic as your skin anyway, in which case I'd ask you to test Default instead)?

Switch SBTouch devices to MySB.com (one device asks for login, the other
does not need it) and back on LMS. Restart NAS/LMS. Enable

What do you mean by "asks for login"?

There's something odd about one of your Touchs: it seems to be "half connected". Eg. the Controller part seems to be connected to mysb.com, while the player is not. Sure enough it's the one complaining about Spotify credentials:

  [17-03-25 11:29:33.4925] Slim::Plugin::SpotifyLogi::Plugin::spds_handler
(305) 00:04:20:22:73:35 Spotify error, code 6: Spotify login failed: Bad
username and/or password

Maybe a device reboot would help?

> So I continue to the Interface tab to do more configurations. And here I
> finally do a discovery directly connected to my problem with opening
> submenus in Spotify via the webinterface. The critical setting is “Items
> Per Page”. In my old LMS78 setup I had this setting on 200. Running
> 781nightly it took 5 seconds opening the Playlists list in Spotify with
> this setting on 200. On 791nightly it is completely different with this
> setting:
>
> 20 items: 12 seconds
> 50 items: 33 seconds
> 100 items: 70 seconds
> 200 items: It stops working

Hmm... I use the default 50 and still have never seen this kind of issues. And it's only with this one menu? Other menus would work as expected with 200 items?
--

Michael