mherger wrote:
> I still believe this is an issue particular to your setup. Sometimes DNS
> lookups seem to be very slow. What changed from 7.8 to 7.9 is that we do
> a lot of those lookups when rendering a page with artwork (in order to
> figure out what resizing method to use).

BANG, there it was! I was just looking through the configuration
settings on my NAS and stumbled over a DNS-page where the IP-addresses
of three domain name servers was entered. But why do they have to be
that on my NAS I wondered? So I deleted them all.
Well, that was not the solution. Half of the menus in LMS disappeared
(pretty much all the stuff that is not purely local was gone).
Okay, so apparently the NAS has to explicitly be told the address of at
least one domain name server.

Two of the previously entered addresses was external. Probably from an
ISP I was using 4-5 years ago. The third was just pointing to my router.
When I just enter the local IP of my router as DNS, performance is on
top again! The two others was significantly slower it turned out.

There  must have been a performance-difference also on LMS781 then, but
DNS-lookups in such smaller numbers that you wouldn't notice?

I am ashamed. I was sure it wasn't my setup that was the problem. I'm
happy we have found the reason, but soo sorry to taking all that time
from you. I owe you if there's anything you ever need someone to check
on an ReadNAS Ultra.

Thanks so much for helping me here and for the work you continue to do
on LMS :-)

*/Stig*
'http://www.*rockland*.dk' (http://www.rockland.dk) -
'http://www.*last.fm*/user/rockland' (http://www.last.fm/user/rockland)
- 'http://www.*discogs*.com/user/StigNygaard'
(http://www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard) -
'https://*plus.google*.com/+StigNygaard'
(https://plus.google.com/+StigNygaard)
*Server:* LMS 7.9.1 - 1491548882 @ Sat Apr  8 on ReadyNAS Ultra 2.
*Controllers & players:* 2x Squeezebox Touch, [Not used: Squeezebox
Classic,] 2x OrangeSqueeze. *Stereo:* Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd
Audiovector 2.
You might like to try my *'Art Grabr'
(https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/20771-stig-s-art-grabr)* for fetching
big *cover-art* from various sites - or *'Album Linkr'
(https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/21153-stig-s-last-fm-album-linkr)*
for a better *last.fm* desktop experience...