Stig Nygaard wrote:
> For the record, and trying to get something useful out of this thread
> :-) ...
>

> Yes, ReadyNAS Ultra is running: Perl Version: 5.8.8 -
> i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi.
>
> Regarding the crashes I got when doing the initial setup of a clean
> LMS79x installs on my ReadyNAS and on my Windows PC, I came to think
> about the new 79x option to include pictures and videos in your
> scanning/library. I think I saw in some thread that scanning for
> pictures might make LMS crash. I just tried installing LMS791 on
> Synology DS716+ II (via pinkdot's LmsRepack packages), and noticed it
> did not crash when setting the Media Library Name on the Basic Settings
> tab. But this time I also de-selected the "Picture" and "Video"
> check-boxes before applying the settings. I'm not sure if I did that
> already at this point when installing on my NAS or on my Windows PC.
>
> It made me think:
> 1) It would of course be good to fix it so it doesn't crash, but...
> 2) Maybe "Pictures" and "Video" shouldn't be selected by default on a
> clean install? I would guess it are nice bonus features for a few
> people, but most probably just install LMS for streaming and handling of
> their Music collection. And it 's such a bad start to crash the first
> time you start LMS.

It's a good point I thought everybody knew that it was "best practice"
to deselect pictures and videos for a trouble free scan I've been doing
that for years . Not many are actually using the features and plugins it
once was implemented for and is suspect that many recent cases of
scanning problems could be avoided .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )