- I have an existing album
- I change the title tag (in this case adding "(Radio Edit)" to the
existing track #3 - no other changes, no renaming
- I do a "new & changed"-scan
- I have 2 albums by the same artist with the same name in my db - one
containing only track #3, and one containing tracks #1-2 and #4-12

You have changed the _track_ title, and it created a new album? That would definitely be a new issue. Previously we dealt with changing the album titles. A track title change should really not change the album attribution etc. unless editing/saving the metadata at the same time changed other album or artist related data in the file, eg. by replacing some characters in a name.

I know, you can't grant me access to your database. But would you be able to export all the track, contributor, album related data for this one particular album from the database? Can you export from SQLite to some text file (with delimiters)? Please no Excel or other format which might have its own ideas about formatting. Just the raw text content.