Apesbrain wrote:
> This happens to me quite a bit.  I put a skip sentinel file in the album
> folder, scan again, then remove the sentinel and scan a final time.
> That typically "fixes" it.
>
> Something similar happens when I edit tags: the album might not be
> split, but the revised tags "append" to the old ones rather than replace
> them.
>
> Would be great if "new/changed rescan" could completely flush and
> rebuild the database entry for any detected files.
>
> I'm running a current 8.3 beta on Windows.

I've experienced something similar and usually a full rescan corrects
it.
Or copy the folder to a safe directory; delete the original folder and
rescan.  Then copy the folder back and rescan.

garym wrote:
> In the past, this would happen to me, when everything appeared the same,
> but one file had a "disc total" tag field, or something similar that
> made that track different.  (this might happen if I re-ripped just one
> track at the time of ripping the disk)

Been there as well.  I hope that you recognized it faster than I did!  I
concentrated on examining the other tags like artist name, artist sort,
track title, etc. that I just overlooked that 'disc' tag.

To the OP, I would advise to check the 'album sort' field if it is
populated.