Hello,
 I put together a proposal for some further possible changes in the 2.5x UI.
I think it doesn't go against blender UI paradigms, and hope it's quite the
opposite.
I tried to put things short, so it's not long, but I spent quite some time with
it,
after doing several projects with the 2.5 breed of blender and thinking what
could be optimal solution for some aspects of the UI.
You can find the proposal on this page in a .pdf on the wiki, I hope some
comments will appear there:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Proposals/post_2.55_UI_proposal_/Vilem_Novak_/_Dec.2010

I hope that especially people who have designed and coded the 2.5 UI will look
into it.
Thanks for attention
cheers
Vilda Novak