First, thanks for a wonderful program.

I did a hour long presentation in my graduate course this past week
demonstrating my use of BibDesk, Skim, LaTeX, VoodooPad and TextMate
($80 total). The people (5-10 doctoral students and two professors)
were blown away by the quality and power, especially the integration
of BibDesk and Skim.

I have a suggestion, for what it's worth. I am frustrated by the
quality and consistency of the keywords, admittedly author supplied,
that are included with the download of reference information from
online databases. Certainly, it is possible to delete these and supply
my own. What I would find more useful would be the ability to tag
files using a controlled vocabulary. That it, a user created,
hierarchical list (including synonyms) of keywords.

I use the same sort of thing to tag photos. For examples, see
http://www.controlledvocabulary.com/
.

Again, not a deal breaker, but wouldn't this be a more powerful way of
controlling the application and granularity of keywords?

--
andrew j. cerniglia