On Apr 28, 2008, at 7:57 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> "Adam M. Goldstein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> On Apr 28, 2008, at 6:49 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

>>> What would you do with it?
>>
>> You would select terms from it to put in as key words. Rather than
>> thinking up new key words every time, you would select from the list,
>> which would keep your usage consistent.
>
> Okay, I more-or-less use autocompletion in the editor for this (as you
> mention later).  I think that's a pretty good solution for new entries
> or manual edits, but the OP wanted something that would help with
> downloaded entries.  I'm not sure what can be done with those,
> although
> I agree with him that keyword pollution is a problem.

>>> It's still unclear to me what the OP is asking for, so I've avoided
>>> commenting on it.  I believe groups are case-insensitive, though, so
>>> the
>>> scenario you mention shouldn't occur.
>>
>> What about keywords? That is what I use for subject indexing my BT
>> records. I am pretty sure I do have this problem.
>
> Nope, keywords are compared case-insensitively.  I just added
> "ADSORPTION" to an item, and it was immediately visible in the
> "adsorption" keyword group.  If that's not working for you, it's a
> bug.
> Did I misunderstand the problem?
>
> --
> adam

Thanks for responding everyone. My original idea was a user created
controlled vocabulary and the option of stripping all keywords on
imported files (RIS or .bib). The weirdness of what authors use as
keywords is crazy. In fact, just the power to strip incoming keywords
would be a help. I didn't record the original presentation, but my
blog post can be read here:

http://andrewcerniglia.com/?p=39

Again, this is no biggie. I appreciate the developers contribution.
The professor that uses EndNote said he's buying a Mac :-).

--
andrew j. cerniglia