On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Christiaan Hofman <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8 Jan 2009, at 7:35 PM, Michael McCracken wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM, Christiaan Hofman
>> <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> That somehow seems to have changed then, without us knowing!
>>> Everything of the wiki used to be writable by the owner (you) only.
>>
>> ok, cool.
>
> Actually, the (old) Skim wiki /is/ only writable by you. So perhaps
> that's what I remembered.

OK, the skim-app/htdocs/mediawiki directory (was wiki/) is now group
writeable, but I've also moved
it and redirected the wiki/ url.

> And can you also add me to the Skim Wiki?

Yep. I also put in a redirect for skim's wiki.

The old ones are still around in the DB and in the /mediawiki
directory but I can't quite make them accessible. I'm working on that
now, but might just leave them as is. The BD wiki has all the pages
from the old one and I'm doublechecking the Skim wiki now

>>> It's certainly not obvious that it's under the Hosted Apps menu. But
>>> that should just be fixed by changing the main web page.

>>> Unless someone needs to change something. Remember that everything,
>>> including third parties, links to the old wiki. Perhaps we should
>>> just
>>> replace index.php to redirect to the main page of the new wiki.
>>>
>>> BTW, I noticed that some pages (s.a. FAQ and AppleScript) were
>>> missing. Is there a way to move them over, or should they just be
>>> copied by editing the page?
>>
>> There's a way to move them over with history.
>> see:
>> http://bibdesk.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Special:Export
>> and:
>> https://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/bibdesk/index.php?title=Special:Import
>>
>> The old wiki's export warns that you can't reimport but the new wiki
>> is new enough that it can. you get an xml file that you have to view
>> source on and copy/paste over to a text file then upload that on the
>> new wiki.
>>
>> But if you don't care about history, just copy and paste. It's faster.
>>
>> -mike
>
> Most of the history was not included anyway, so that should not be a
> problem (once I can edit).
>
> Christiaan
>
>>> Christiaan

Michael McCracken