> On Oct 11, 2015, at 14:10 , Christiaan Hofman <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I handled those by adding dummy arguments, either a variable with a nil
> value, or a dummy object (like an empty notification in this case).

I had a few where that wasn't possible, or creating a dummy object might have
side effects that aren't clear. It looks like they just added nonnull without
actually auditing anything.

> The one place where I needed the pragma’s was with the -init for the
> operation(queue) class clusters in the file view project.
>
>> Adding WARNING_CFLAGS = -Wno-tautological-pointer-compare to FileView
>> helped, too.
>>

> Where does that have an effect?

My version of it has some checks for functions, like this:

NULL == dispatch_async_f

IIRC clang says to use address-of before the function, but then it complains
about that, too. This style was an Apple recommendation for weakly-linked
functions last I checked, and it's worked for years, just like all the nil
arguments. I'm pretty unhappy with clang and its warnings; somebody at Apple
likes C++ too much.

-- adam